Health Leadership Awards
The Sumner County Community Health Leadership Awards are established to recognize individuals, business, and organizations that have demonstrated outstanding community leadership in improving the health and quality of life for Sumner County residents. An awards event will be held annually to recognize the award recipients.
Nominees should be directly responsible for advancing the health of the community through their actions by:
- Mobilizing individuals, resources and organizations to tackle a community health issue;
- Developing new services or support to improve the health of a specific population;
- Increasing the level of awareness of an important health issue in Sumner County.
Nominees must live, work, or provide service to individuals in one or more of the communities within Sumner County.
- Government Municipality
- Lifetime Achievement
- Place of Worship
For questions, contact the Sumner County Health Department at 615-206-1112.
2019 nomination form coming soon
Congratulations to our 2018 award winners!
- Lifetime AchievementTheresa Allen
- Educator WinnerDerrick York, Clyde Riggs Elementary
- GovernmentBledsoe Creek State Park
- Individual WinnersAngela Alexander, Scott Wietecha
- Place of WorshipHighland Seventh-day Adventist Church